Tuesday 23 April 2013

Boots + House of Fraser Haul!



On Monday I found myself in Norwich doing a spot of shopping, my aim was to buy Nars Sheer Glow from House of Fraser only to be disappointed that there was not a Nars counter. Next stop? Boots! With less than an hour to shop and a wet wipe at the ready (avoiding leaving the shop with swatches all up my arm) I began my browsing through the aisles.




After not being able to get my hands on Nars Sheer Glow I opted for the much cheaper version of Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation after hearing it is very similar to the Nars foundation. After trying it on this morning I found it to be a much lighter coverage than I thought it would be, it’s also less ‘glowy’ than I thought the finish would be. I think my expectations were set too high after reading so many good things. Overall quite disappointed but it shall be one for the days at home. I still intend on buying Nars Sheer Glow, do you find them to be similar?


To go with Rimmel Wake Me Up I picked up Rimmel Stay Matte – not only because Tanya Burr raves on about it so much but because I thought it would work well with the Rimmel foundation. It feels light on my face and hasn’t made the foundation ‘cakey’ or dry in any way so I am pleased with the result of it and at £3.99 you can’t go wrong.


I used to wear liquid eyeliner religiously but of late I have been enjoying the no-eyeliner look (partly due to running out and not repurchasing.) I brought Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Intense Black after hearing good things and I like the whole gel and brush duo. I found it easy to apply and it does create a strong black line, you only need a small amount of the brush so it shall last well.


On the skincare side of things I hunted for the Nivea Rich Moisturising Day Cream for dry and sensitive skin after using a sample included in an ASOS parcel. My skin is very sensitive so finding a moisturiser which doesn’t dry my skin out can be challenging, this is lovely and thick and makes my feel skin hydrated throughout the day (followed by Nivea Night cream.) If you have any suggestions for a high-end moisturiser that is good for sensitive skin then please let me know!


On Friday I ordered the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers from House of Fraser… only to find out on the day of delivery that I was going to the store in Norwich. These have been on my beauty list for a while now so I ordered the silver ones. They are amaaaaazing! After one use I understand why they are so highly rated and defiantly worth the money for eyelash curlers if you like longer looking, curled lashed!


A trip to boots can never fail to cheer me up, if you have any suggestions for the foundation or moisturisers then please leave a comment and I hope you enjoyed my first little haul! X

8 comments:

  1. LOVE boots hauls! Love your photos too :) I really need to try the Rimmel matte powder - not sure why I haven't yet!x

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a very good for the price that it is, I don't use a lot of it but defiantly reccomend xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh definitely need to get my hands on the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers !! Lovely blog can't wait to see more of your 'fashion friday' installments x

    http://londonsdarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! I highly recommend them. Oh thank you :) xx

      Delete
  4. You have picked out my staple products in the gel eyeliner and stay matte powder <3

    http://blueeyedb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are proving to be great products for the price that they are. Especially loving the eyeliner! x

      Delete
  5. I keep seeing that powder pop up in blogs and on youtube! i think yours may be the post that finally pushes me to go get it.
    xo ruth
    ruthandglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, if you have any questions I shall get back to you. Xx