Friday 15 August 2014

Budget vs. Blowout | Primer


Primer has come a long way since the days when we didn't really know what they were for, and the only ones on sale either dried up foundation or made your face the wrong end of the glowing scale. Luckily enough we are now spoilt for choice with these special bottles of magic designed to: increase the longevity of make-up, smooth out application, add sun protection, colour correction and luminosity... well, the list goes on. The probability is that whatever you're looking for in primer, it's out there!

If you're on the market and doing you're homework for a new primer then there's no doubt that the cult classic Hourglass Mineral Veil will pop up, but I've come across a possible contender which could knock it out of first place for a fifth of the price, Max Factor FaceFinity. I can safely say that Hourglass Veil has got enough going on within the formula for the price to be nearly justified, it's lightweight, has SPF, keeps make-up in place for a few more hours and adds glow throughout the day. But, and it's a big but, FaceFinity carries all of those properties with a little less glow and higher SPF. Texture wise- neither feel greasy on the skin nor heavy but the texture of the latter is a little thicker. Both will give you what you want and prep your skin nicely for the make-up that is to follow.

If price wasn't involved then I would opt for Hourglass's offering, but my advice to you is save your pennys pounds and prime your way up to satin-like skin.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I actually got a sample of the Hourglass from Sephora, and I don't think I can live without it. I might just need to get over it and buy the big bottle. Who needs food right? ;)

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the Maxfactor primer - it feels really lovely on the skin and does it's job but my overall favourite primer has to be the Maybelline Pore Eraser - that's wonderful as it really smoothes out the skin and leaves it looking wonderful! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, if you have any questions I shall get back to you. Xx