Monday 23 March 2015

Review: The Classic Zoeva Brushes


Anyone who follows beauty and reads blogs will of seen the brand Zoeva - mostly in the form of their infamous Rose Golden Set, which seems to be sold out for most of the time... link something as a MAC dupe and it's like a moth to a flame! After deciding on Zoeva for some much needed new brushes, there was only one thing left to do - decide which set to go for.

The Classic Brush Set was calling my name.



I've always personally opted for silver detailing over rose gold, although nobody can deny the beauty of either.

Visuals aside, the practicality of the range of brushes seemed like the perfect start to widen my brush collection.



In the set you will receive three face brushes:

125 Stippling Brush - The brush that has made me fall in love with Dior Star foundation. It lightly buffs the skin to leave an airbrush finish, and works perfectly for application of cream blushers. Less dense than RT Stippling brush, but the sizing works better for base makeup.

128 Cream Cheek - A small/medium brush which allows you to precisely apply blusher, it's also amazing for contouring and blending in the cheekbone! Its soft bristles pick up product and evenly distribute, making it my favourite blush/powder brush yet.

105 Luxe Highlight - We all need an added bit of glow and the 105 will help add that with your cream or powder highlighter. Plus, if you're lucky enough to have super hollow cheekbones then this will get in there make them strongly defined, (Keighley, I'm looking at you). 

Outnumbered by the eyes:

144 Concealer Buffer - For the eyes? For the face? Either way, dense and effective for concealer. 

227 Luxe Soft Definer - You can never have too many blending brushes, and if you don't fancy forking out £20 a pop for a MAC 217 then opt for one of these instead, they're half the price and, lets just sat they take the crown.

228 Luxe Crease - Your perfect partner for the socket and adding some highlighter under the brow.

230 Luxe Pencil - The brush you don't think you need until you have it, and then you can't live without it. Amazing for using under the lash-line or making a smokey liner on top.

317 Wing Liner - My current favourite brow brush. It works a dream with Anastasia DipBrow Pomade and gel eyeliner for a dramatic wing eyeliner! I think I need to order a few more of these.

A 10/10 all round, and if that wasn't enough then they all come in a charming black faux leather case which come with all sets, or if you just want to dip your feet in and dabble with one or two then you can buy them desperately. I know that's what I will be doing on my next order whilst doubling up on a few of my favourite: 317, 227 and 128. 

Do you have any Zoeva brush/makeup recommendations that you think I should try? 

3 comments:

  1. Amy Deverson23/03/2015, 09:53

    They're so beautiful! I haven't tried the Zoeva brushes yet, currently just using Real Technique's. These sound amazing though! x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these brushes , they're in my wishlist :)

    I'm running a GHD eclipse giveaway, if you're interested, check this link:

    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh these look gorgeous, really want to get a set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, if you have any questions I shall get back to you. Xx